Jorge Norgaard is an illustrator with wide ranging skills and experience, specializing in production art, concept design and pre-visualization for the entertainment industry.
Neko Films - Los Angeles, CA.
Character Designer - January 2017 - February 2017
• Designed 4 stylized characters and props for an animated series for Netflix.
• Started from early sketching and development phase to finalized production assets including action poses for each character.
ArtCenter College of Design - Los Angeles, CA.
Teacher Assistant - May 2014 - Present
• Beginner Zbrush and Advanced Zbrush for Production / Instructor : Paul Gaboury.
• 3D Maquette / Instructors: Miles Teves and Martin Astles.
• Creative Perspective / Instructor: Robert Hunt.
Indie Pop - Los Angeles, CA.
Storyboard / Layout Artist - February 2016 - Present
• Work on developing storyboards and highly detailed drawings focused on storytelling for KSHMR music records, social media and special events including Coachella.
• Assist on producing 2D content for the future records of KSHMR.
KSHMR Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/KSHMRmusic
University of California - Irvine, CA.
Character Artist - February 2016 - March 2016
• Worked directly with the Art Director and Concept Artist translating 2D character designs to 3D models for an educational video game currently in production.
• Modeled with intricate details and specified design language and poly-painted them to finish using the 3D modeling program Zbrush.
• Worked in a team based environment with the programmer and rigger passing assets along the animation pipeline.
Ironhead Studio - Van Nuys, CA.
Intern: Concept Designer, Manufacturing Assistant and Sculptor - May 2015 - July 2015
• Worked directly in the manufacturing process for the creation of specialty costumes for the upcoming film X-Men: Apocalypse.
• Worked on a team-based environment with the studio's employees.
• Worked with Jose Fernandez designing vehicles for an in-house sci-fi movie project.
• Sketched ideations to final design, materials and lighting, creating high end visual assets. Including orthographic views.
• Worked with members of the team generating practical, problem-solving solutions meeting design and function purposes.
Art Bronze Inc. - Burbank, CA.
Designer and Sculptor - March 2013 - July 2014
• Produced 3 pieces for the Burns Marshall bronze sculpture collection.
• Generated the series of sculptures with a consistent style and theme.
• Worked on a team-based environment with the client; ideation, sketch and final design.
• Learned and applied molding processes such as constructing mold, applying silicone and mold release.
Watto Post Studio - Caracas, Venezuela.
Illustrator and Concept Designer - October 2010 - January 2012
• Created digital assets, characters, environment and props for interface
design, film, and TV broadcast ads. for clients like Pepsi, Golden, YukiPak,
Cebion, and Empresas Polar.
• Generated the visual development and production design of a couple of iOs games.
• Contributed with ideas to create rich story based characters,
props and layouts for environments.
Art Center College of Design - Pasadena, CA.
BS - Entertainment Design
January 2012 - April 2016
Instituto de Diseño de Caracas - Caracas, Venezuela.
Illustration - Technician
September 2007 - September 2010